Re: [Device APIs Requirements] Input to Gallery API

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:58:01 +0100
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <BS3131@att.com>
Cc: Device APIs and Policy Working Group WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Le jeudi 29 octobre 2009 à 14:21 -0700, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW) a
écrit :
> Thus I propose the requirement: "must enable discovery of the supported
> metadata attributes, including the attribute name and its declared
> namespace, if any.".

As for SysInfo, I would like to understand better the use cases for
this; one clear difficulty with extensible vocabularies-based approach
in APIs is that they make it very hard to build code that will work
across a large number of platforms.

(I’ll propose that topic as an addition to the API patterns discussion)