Re: First stab at File Writer

Le jeudi 03 décembre 2009 à 18:47 +0100, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> I just checked in a first stab at File Writer.
>   http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html

I haven’t read it yet, but two high level points:
• we have in our charter a generic file systems API — this is addressing
writing files, but not other file systems operations (file delete,
directory management, etc); I personally agree that file writing is a
good first step, and that the rest can wait for later, but I’d like to
make sure the group is clear with that, and that as a result, a generic
filesystems API wouldn’t be in our priority list

• given past discussions with the WebApps WG, it might be worth pointing
to your document in public-webapps — I understand this is a very early
draft, but it would avoid potential duplication of efforts.

Thanks,

Dom