First stab at File Writer

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:47:22 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi,

I just checked in a first stab at File Writer. Nothing definitive of course, don't scream if you don't like it (but do provide feedback!).

You can find it at:

  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html

It lists a number of issues which I'm still mulling over. I also need to fill out the section that looks into cut-paste/drag-drop.

If you don't have time to read all the details, at the very least I'd appreciate feedback and input on the security aspects.

Before anyone complains that it doesn't address all the file system use cases: that's by design, you also need the file navigation API for that (which will also provide its own ways of creating writers). Of course, you also need the WebApps File API.

Fire at will!

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards