Re: [contacts] Propsed addition of <input file> extensions to Contacts API

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:40:43 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Le mardi 01 décembre 2009 à 14:30 +0100, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> I'm not convinced about either of these options. When doing this sort
> of playing with HTML, one needs to look at what the fallbacks look
> like. For Richard's pseudo-media type approach, the user gets a file
> upload control, one that might not expose a File API to boot — and is
> lost.

One advantage of the file upload control is that there could be a
server-side fallback (at least for contacts stored in local files) if
the client isn’t able to manage it.

>  With <input type=contact> the user gets a text field. Neither of
> those is a really nice experience.

But in both of the markup options, the <input type='foo'> field could be
conditionally added by the script based on detecting support for the
API.