Re: [contacts] Comments on editors draft of Contacts API

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:37:19 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Le mardi 01 décembre 2009 à 14:26 +0100, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> To clarify my intent, what I'm interested in finding is the smallest
> set that is implementable everywhere *today* and *without
> optionality*.

I see value in that approach, but I think it’s worth noting that as soon
as we go for the lowest common denominator, we drop the use cases of
making a Web app your addressbooks manager since the said Web app
wouldn’t be able to see (let alone edit) values that are outside of the
LCD.

I personally think that leaving that use case for v2 is fine.

(a similar discussion is likely to arise for the Calendar API — I think
we’ll need to be much more careful for that one)