WebIDL checking (was: Editing specifications with ReSpec.js)

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:34:35 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 17:26 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> On Aug 6, 2009, at 13:41 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> > Probably we will want to verify Web IDL fragments, we may want to
> > check some semantics or dependencies between various parts of
> > various specs.
>
> That should be part of PubRules checking (so that a spec cannot be
> released without the checks),

(not sure that belong to pubrules, but it clearly is something that
WebIDL-producing groups should ensure before requesting publication)

>  and available as a separate tool.

FWIW, I released and announced such a WebIDL checking tool last week:
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check

(as Marcin noted, it only does syntax checking at this time, but I plan
on adding additional semantic checks in the future)