RE: Device Description definition

From: Smith, Kevin, VF-Group <Kevin.Smith@vodafone.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:04:46 +0100
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

So (I think) the latest proposal for the definition was from Rhys,
namely:

Device description: describing that specific part of the delivery
context directly related to the hardware and software of the device.

...where delivery context is defined as "A set of attributes that
characterizes the capabilities of the access mechanism, the preferences
of the user and other aspects of the context into which a web page is to
be delivered." This (to me) covers Jo's point about current and possible
values.

Alternatively we have Rotan's defintion:

Device description - a collection of attribute-value pairs that apply to
each member of a set of devices.

Are there any further comments on either? I personally think both are
correct, but that it makes sense to associate the definition with the
delivery context as per Rhys' wording.

Cheers,
Kevin