RE: ACTION-58 Look into issues surrounding the use of the 'any' type in the IDL

From: Anders Ekstrand <Anders.Ekstrand@drutt.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:25:53 +0200
To: "Matt Womer" <mdw@w3.org>
Cc: <public-ddwg@w3.org>

Hi Matt,

> I think of the Context Key IS the opaque handle itself.  It is a
> handle to the "Context", which is an implementation specific
> structure in and of itself.

I think that your view above is what we agreed on within the task force.

You get the handle after searching by Brand + Model, User Agent String,
certain characteristics or whatever we might come up with in the future.
The handle in then only meaningful within this specific instance of a
device repository, and cannot be used to "grab" a device profile in
another instance.

That how far we came, as I remember it.

Best Regards - Anders