Re: ACTION-58 Look into issues surrounding the use of the 'any' type in the IDL

From: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:47:25 -0400
Cc: 'Josť Manuel Cantera Fonseca' <jmcf@tid.es>, <public-ddwg@w3.org>
To: Rhys Lewis <rhys@volantis.com>

Hi Rhys, Josť, DDers,

On Aug 1, 2007, at 3:32 AM, Rhys Lewis wrote:
> If all that sounds correct, then the 'handle' for the context key
> merely
> has to identify it within a session that a caller has with the DDR.
> So,
> can't it just be an integer?

Thanks for writing this up, it helped me understand where the
confusion is coming from.

I think of the Context Key IS the opaque handle itself.  It is a
handle to the "Context", which is an implementation specific
structure in and of itself.

I assumed that from the name that it was a 'key' in a list/hash/map
of contexts, and I think from your email that this isn't what you're
thinking.  RIght?

What do other folks think?

-Matt Womer

mdw@w3.org
W3C Team -- http://www.w3.org/
Mobile Web Initiative Lead Americas
Team Contact: MWI DDWG, POWDER, Voice Browser