From: www-mobile-request@w3.org [mailto:www-mobile-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Luca Passani
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:13 AM
To: public-ddwg@w3.org; www-mobile@w3.org
Subject: RE: Mobile phone capabilities list?

I was told offline that IMEI is only GSM and CDMA too.

Quite frankly, I still don't see why we should give up on such a
powerful unique key to device capabilities,  but it explains why
"purists" don't like the idea :-)

Of course, I will consider seriously the creation of the IMEI module for
WURFL in the months to come. Is there any operator willing to put some
money there?

Luca