RE: Mobile phone capabilities list?

From: Dale Gonzalez <dale.gonzalez@air2web.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:34:52 -0400
To: <public-ddwg@w3.org>, <www-mobile@w3.org>
Seems to me that using user-agent/connect info is better than IMEI.
IMEI is tied directly to the hardware.  As the devices become more and
more advanced, the client that the user is using - which is the thing
that must be adapted to - will be downloadable and only have a passing
association with the hardware.  Or am I missing something.