Re: Comments on Draft #2

On 3/18/2015 5:19, Karen Coyle wrote:
> Irene, I'm fine with "global" as a term. But since it doesn't apply to
> a particular node, we need a way to define what is "all data that is
> being subjected to the validation process" without reference to graphs
> or nodes, and that doesn't encompass the massive universe of triples.
>
> This still leaves us with "whole graph" which also needs a clear
> definition.

Yes this topic is marked as open for discussion. There is a
corresponding TODO comment at

http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#operations

All operations have an implicit argument, which is a data set with a
default named graph. Details of this need to be fleshed out, pending
design decisions on general graph management.

I suggest we delay working on that particular topic after the dust on
the general direction has settled. I anticipate no significant problems
there. We have several such open topics (including the role of
inferencing) that we can tackle one by one.