Re: How would option b) on the last straw poll of 12 March work?

Erik,

This is a small group with too many parallel efforts. This, in my view, is distractive and unsustainable.

I agree with Peter that writing the spec should be a priority. It will outline the entire language. The process of jointly writing and reviewing it will facilitate convergence. There can still be some disagreements and open switches, but at least they will be clearly identified within the context of the overall spec making it easier to resolve them.

Once there is convergence, other documents could be written.

Otherwise, it will deteriorate to every person writing their own document without any alignment across these. Then everyone reads everyone else's document (who has time for this?) and they all argue till the cows come home or the group disbands.

I am not familiar with W3C processes, but it is hard for me to imagine how such approach could be effective and lead to consensus.

Irene