Re: How would option b) on the last straw poll of 12 March work?

On 3/14/15 8:46 AM, Irene Polikoff wrote:

> would and should actually read and understand Z semantics or some
> mathematical axiomatic descriptions, but would find SPARQL more
> difficult to understand?

I hope nothing that I have said could be read as support of Z semantics
or mathematical axiomatic descriptions because I am not familiar with
either. I prefer that standards be written in clear natural language. If
there are formalisms that must be used, they should exist in addition to
natural language descriptions. Many standards take this approach. In
fact, the only place that I seem to have run into (incomprehensible)
formalisms is in the OWL documentation. Everything else uses natural
language (stiltified to be precise, perhaps) and examples. Even the
SPARQL documentation takes this approach, so I don't understand why
"formalisms" are assumed to be needed for SHACL.