Re: SHACL semantics - any alternatives to SPARQL?

On 3/9/15 11:25 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> >- You completely removed the Template mechanism. However, template
>> >macros are an approved requirement [1]. Furthermore, nobody seems to
> I'd be very surprised if all the folks present at that vote understood
> that it would be used as evidence that we specifically need SPIN
> templates. At the time, I recall folks saying "well, perhaps ShEx is a
> 'template' language..." It seems likely that it would have met with
> objection had it explicitly read "SPIN templates".

The requirement states:

"The language should make it possible to encapsulate such recurring
patterns in a parameterizable form."

We want the *capability*. I don't see how we can include anything
specific in the primer before an actual language is developed and we see
what templates might look like, although a placeholder indicating our
intention might be a good idea. (I can only assume that since we haven't
yet settled on a standard, the primer will be edited to conform before
it is finalized.)