Re: On the inevitability of SPARQL/SPIN for SHAQL

ARQ (and hence, SPIN) use a lot of the xpath functions in various sensible
place (filter, bind).  xpath certainly seems like a good place to go for
your built-in function vocabulary.  I like to idea of being able to extend
this (as TopBraid does), but I don't know if there is a way to standardize
the extensions.

If that is what you are proposing, then I think I find myself in violent
agreement; we should certainly use the function set from XPath for Shapes -
no sense in re-inventing that, and we certainly need a function vocabulary.

Dean