Re: Fwd: Re: Added Requirement: Static Constraints

On 1/22/15 9:23 AM, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo wrote:
> I have edited the requirements document with some comments and
> objections. In the case of static constraints, I said that I didn't like
> the name "static" and maybe, a more intuitive name, like "global"
> constraints, could be more descriptive.

+1

> But apart from that, I think a more technology neutral way to describe
> what the requirement means is the selection of which nodes are affected
> by a constraint description. Which in the case of "static constraints"
> means all the nodes.

Which seems to imply that one can address graph+all subgraphs (or
node+all subnodes), something that could be useful in any case, even if
the top node isn't your very top node.

> One possibility is that the nodes affected are those nodes that are
> instances of some specific class (which I think is the default
> possibility in SPIN), another possibility is all the nodes ("static
> constraints") and another one is to select one specific node (which was
> also added as another requirement [1].

I can think of situations where a sub-node is of a different class,
however, which is why the "global" part creates a different case. If I
have a book graph that links to chapter graphs that have author graphs,
and my rule is "one label per subject" then the definition by class is
too narrow. Make sense?

kc