Re: Constraints on classes

On 4/24/15 11:56 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:
> I've been trying to understand if this is covered by existing
> requirements or not...
>
> The Dublin Core set of requirements for application profiles
> (including validation)[1] has some constraints based on classes (read:
> rdf:type) not properties. For example,
>
> - For every node/graph of type edm:CHO there must also be a linked
> node/graph of type ore:Aggregation.

Could you clarify what you mean with "node/graph"? Do you assume a
certain architecture in which each subject resource lives in its own
graph? Also, is the property known or is it "any" (wildcard) linked
property? If it's a known property, and assuming you mean "node" instead
of "graph" then this could be expressed via

edm:CHO
     sh:property [
         sh:predicate edm:someProperty ;
         sh:valueType ore:Aggregation ;
         sh:minCount 1 ;
     ] .

> - For every node/graph of type ex:Book there can be 0..n linked nodes
> of type ex:Author, but no nodes of type ex:Composer.

You didn't provide enough information to model this. Do you have two
properties ex:author and ex:composer, or are they all values of the same
property? In the former case this could be:

ex:Book
     sh:property [
         sh:predicate ex:author ;
         sh:valueType ex:Author ;
     ] ;
     sh:property [
         sh:predicate ex:composer ;
         sh:maxCount 0 ;
     ] ;

(or maybe also sh:constraint sh:ClosedShape instead of the ex:composer
restriction).

HTH
Holger