Re: ISSUE-23: A specific proposal

But is not the entailment of an owl:Restriction *different from* checking
to see whether the data has that restriction?  You could do this in OWL, in
part, by defining the necessary and sufficient conditions, but of course,
we have unique name and open world assumption to deal with...

in any case, there are three fundamental issues, as I currently see it
1. that the specification should indicate how a shape can be defined in
terms of an existing vocabulary, rather than be intrinsic to the vocabulary
definition (although I don't mind if this is shown as in Example 1)
2. that the valueType should be an IRI for a class or a shape, and we
should drop sh:shape.
3. that a simple SPARQL query should or should not return that data are
instances of shapes regardless of the validation.

m.