Re: Turtle version 2006-01-02

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:55:19 +0100
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
CC: cwm <public-cwm-talk@w3.org>

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> N3 has blank node identifiers starting with  "_:".
>
> Quoting http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3.html
>
> "N3 allows the _: namespace as in NTriples. These identifiers are used
> to identify blank nodes in the graph. These are generalized in N3 such
> that they are used to identify blanknodes in the local formula. They are
> arbitrary temporary names for nodes which are existentially quanitified
> within the current formula (not the whole file). They can only be used
> within a single formula, and not within nested formulae."

Right, missed that. I couldn't find any reference to blank nodes in the
N3/N3-rdf grammars or under "Anonymous nodes" and jumped to the
conclusion that they still weren't supported. However, archive.org just
showed me that this has been changed some 1.5 years ago :blush:

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Arjohn

--
arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz