Re: Proposed Implementation

Hi Adam!

> On 13 Mar 2015, at 13:49 , Adam Retter <adam@exist-db.org> wrote:
>
> Hey WG, I understand you are looking for implementations.
>
> I would love to start an implementation. I'm a bit out of touch with
> the WG progress, can you tell me where I should start for an
> implementation?

In my experience (I played with it a bit) doing a metadata checker is the most complex task, ie, whatever is in the metadata document. Once you have done that, producing an RDF and/or a JSON conversion is relatively easy. Ie, I would start with the metadata document...

> Also do you have any preference for implementation language?

Not really. Whatever language is the easiest for you. I know we have promises in Ruby, Python, possibly JavaScript; Java is certainly a good option.

But if you really want to play and would do, say, a Go implementation, that would be cool, too:-)

Thanks!

ivan

> Easiest
> for me would be to do one for the JVM in Scala with support for Java.
>
> However, if someone else is already working on a JVM one I wouldn't
> want to duplicate that. Next easiest for me (quickest to get something
> done) would be one of  C++, Python, XQuery or XSLT as I already have
> some experience with those languages.
>
> Otherwise... I wouldn't mind having a chance/excuse to play with
> Haskell, Elixir, Lisp, Go or Rust... although the going would be
> slower due to the learning curve.
>
> Anyway let me know what you need...
>
> Cheers Adam.
>

> --