Re: A draft outline for the CSV2RDF document

On 19/05/14 18:09, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Ok, now I understand the difference, thanks. Indeed, I use templates
> for one term; again, just as R2RML does.
>
> I am a little bit afraid of the potential complexity of that
> approach. The one-term-template is pretty straightforward both for
> the implementation and the user, is syntax independent and can be
> easily re-used for XML or JSON, too. The per-row-template seems to be
> syntax dependent and more complex though, clearly, much more
> powerful. I have to think about it...

The user isn't required to provide a (row) template so if they write:

"columns" : [{
       "name" : "air-temperature" ,
       "type" : "xsd:double"
    }]

the conversion behaves as if the template used were a big string: (no
need to understand the structure)
[
    :air-temperature "{air-temperature}"^^xsd:double
]

and the user never sees the template.

There are going to be per-syntax issues - escaping for example.  Turtle
""-strings aren't the same as XML content.

	Andy