Re: :target [via CSS Selectors as Fragment Identifiers Community Group]

On Mar 8, 2012, at 19:44 , Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2012, 4:54:58 PM, Robin wrote:
> RB> "Your application has been reviewed and was found to be
> RB> in error, please make sure that you correct these fields:
> RB> http://kafka.org/bureau/form2035.html#css(:invalid)".
>
> Mention of "these fields" reminds me that the specification should say explicitly that a fragment identifier may match multiple nodes and that all matched nodes (not, for example, just the first one or just the last one or whatever) are pointed to by the fragment identifier.

It could perhaps use some RFC2119 finessing, but I think we're covered by:

"""
If a location-set contains multiple nodes, the processor should consider that this fragment identifier is pointing to all of them simultaneously (e.g. for :target processing for instance). However, the identification of multiple results may not be appropriate in some contexts. In these contexts, the processor must return only the first result in document order.
"""

Coming up soon: I'm teaching a W3C online course on Mobile Web Apps
http://www.w3devcampus.com/writing-great-web-applications-for-mobile/