Re: :target [via CSS Selectors as Fragment Identifiers Community Group]

On Saturday, March 3, 2012, 3:02:05 PM, Robin wrote:

RB> On Mar 3, 2012, at 13:43 , Chris Lilley wrote:
>> I fid myself wondering how :target would be handled, in a selectors fragment
>> identifier. Well, I guess it always matches :)

RB> I don't think that it can always match. Obviously, css(:target)
RB> always matches but doesn't do anything useful, but css(:target >
RB> p) for instance can essentially never match I guess.

RB> I think the simplest would be to just forbid :target as it
RB> doesn't make sense.

Agreed.

The two options are allow (while stating thsat it does nothin since it always matches) and disallow (because it does nothing useful).

RB>  It won't be the only one, for instance I'm not
RB> sure what :scope would do, or :hover for that matter.

The user-interaction ones like :hover are already disallowed by the draft spec.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG