Re: Guidelines for editing the CSS testsuite with github

Le 2017-04-12 19:56, Chris Lilley a écrit :
> Gérard,
>
> Saying to Geoffrey "When will the documentation on GitHub be updated
> and reliable? " is about as reasonable as my asking you "When will all
> the CSS tests be updated and reliable?". It is a community effort, and
> we all need to work together to improve things.

I can not update the documentation on GitHub.

My question was awkward and not ideal but it was a follow-up to this
chunk:

"
(...)
there's some not-great stuff at
<http://testthewebforward.org/docs/configuration.html> that's
currently being revised. GitHub have their own documentation at
<https://help.github.com>, which is a bit disorganised,
(...)
"

Documentation on submitting and modifying CSS tests with GitHub
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2017Jan/0022.html

> Technically, it is better to point out specific problems with
> documentation. Then there can be discussion,

A discussion in a GitHub file issue? or in this mailing list?

I have asked several times: what is the purpose of this mailing list?

> and once there is
> consensus on how to correct it, the documentation can be updated (by
> whomever gets around to it first).

I wish all the documentation files would be updated and reliable (as
reliable as humanly possible): this should be a priority. Do we actually
need to discuss this point of view?

Writing Tests
http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/

General Test Guidelines