CSS3 Transitions Test: properties-value-inherit-001 and outline-offset

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:51:10 -0500
To: "Rodney Rehm" <mail@rodneyrehm.de>
Rod,

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-inherit-001.html

The W3C Working Draft 3 April 2012

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-transitions-20120403/#animatable-css

was indeed mentioning outline-offset as integer but it has been
corrected, changed to length in the (latest) 15 January 2013 version:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transitions/#animatable-css

So, in

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/support/properties.js

at line 219
    // Note: there is no outline-offset: <integer> this is an error in
the spec!
    'outline-offset': ['integer'],

should be updated, changed.

Because of the comment, you are most likely aware of this ...

I am still not perfectly sure if this test rightly deserves the invalid
flag. I'm inclined to think such test should not be declaring the
invalid flag.

"
invalid 	Tests handling of invalid CSS. Note: This case contains CSS
properties and syntax that may not validate.
"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#requirement-flags

>From what I can see, I believe
properties-value-inherit-001.html
is dedicated at testing only animatable CSS properties with valid values
with valid syntax.

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: