Re: Tests added for CSS3 Transitions

Le Jeu 17 janvier 2013 18:09, Rodney Rehm a écrit :
> Hey There,
>
> according to Peter it's a good idea to announce new tests here.
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/owner/rodneyrehm/
>
> There's a readme explaining how the tests work:
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/support/readme.md/owner/rodneyrehm/ - I'm
> happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks for reviewing :)
>

> Best Regards,
> Rod

Hello Rod,

I glanced at
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/README.md
and wondered if a link (say,
<link rel="bookmark"
href="http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/README.md">
or even just into a /* comment */ ) to this resource should be included
in each/all of your tests.

The following is only a quick and superficial review and on a random
selection of tests.

-------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/changing-while-transition.html

line 4        <meta charset="utf-8">
line 5        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
charset=utf-8">

Only 1 of the 2 is okay. For HTML5, <meta charset="utf-8"> is preferred.

line 6 <title>CSS Test: behavior when transition paramters (sic) change
while transitioning</title>

"
For specifications other than CSS 2.1, you can include the module name
somewhere before the colon, like “CSS Selectors Test:” or “CSS Test
(Selectors): (...)
"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#title-element

So, here, you can do

<title>CSS Transitions Test: behavior when transition parameters change
while transitioning</title>

line 9: <link rel="help"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#starting">

You can add a title attribute so that this helps when using an advanced
link widgets, and also, in particular if there is more than 1 link
rel="help": eg

<link rel="help" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transitions/#starting"
title="3. Starting of transitions">

I can not comment on the rest of the test although code indentation is
consistent (which is good for reviewing) and there is a lot of comments
(which could be useful for reviewer).

----------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/events-001.html

I would say the same 3 comments: only 1 charset may be needed, insert
"Transitions" between "CSS" and "Test" in title, add title="2.1. The
'transition-property' Property" and title="5. Transition Events" into
correspondent link rel="help"

----------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/events-002.html

Same things.

----------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/events-005.html

Same things.

----------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-001.html

Same things.

Very minor thing. Generally speaking, I recommend "Filler text" for text
repeated in the background of a page and "Text sample" for a dedicated
chunk of text or words being tested as the target of the test. "Hello
World" is probably okay but less self-significative. Anyway, since these
are automated tests, in the end, what really matters is the Pass and
Fail numbers.

--------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-003.html

Same things.

--------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-auto-001.html

Same things.

--------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-inherit-001.html

Same things.

I wonder what may be invalid in the test and if you are using the
invalid flag correctly; I can't be sure of this.

--------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/properties-value-inherit-003.html

Same things.

line 7: inhertied -> inherited

--------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/pseudo-elements-001.html

Same things.

-------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/transition-001.html

Same things.

-------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/transition-duration-001.html

Same things.

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/transition-property-002.html

Same things.

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/rodneyrehm/submitted/css3-transitions/transition-timing-function-001.html

Same things.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: