Re: CSS3-writing-modes text-orientation testsuite

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:37:18 -0500
To: "Kazuaki Takemura" <takemura@networksoft.co.jp>

Le Sam 23 février 2013 9:17, Kazuaki Takemura a écrit :
> Hello Gérard :)

Hello Kazuaki :)

> I have re-submitted to repository.
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-writing-modes/status/submitted/

First, you should create a /support/ folder for all your images. This is
important and required by the building system of test suites. All
support files (images, fonts, .css files, etc..) are to be in a
/support/ folder.

"Support files are in support/ directory."

You do not have to create a /reference/ folder for your reftests (as
long as their base-filenames all end with "-ref") but, for clarity, it
is useful to create an /reference/ folder for all your reftests. Most of
us declare and use a /reference/ folder for reftests.

>> Example given of rotated text (45 degrees)
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-transforms/nightly-unstable/html/transform-rotate-001.htm
>> OK. I try to use CSS transforms rotate,but if it’s difficult, I will
>> use image as reference.
> I tried to use CSS transforms rotate feature, but it was difficult.

I understand.

> I decided to use a picture image obediently.
> Some of the major changes are listed below:
> Modified to use the image.
> Change the relationship of CSS font-related.
> Simplify the description.
> Add *-ref files.
> if you find any errors, please let me know.
> Regards.
> Takemura

The pass/fail conditions sentence says
"Text sample" should be displayed vertically with "T" character at the
bottom and "e" character at the top.

but the reftest does not do that.

is the same layout, same rendered layout as

So, here, you only need to use and to declare 1 reftest. Choose one of
the 2 and then reuse it in tests that result in the same rendered

You decide to keep text-orientation-sideways-left-001-ref.xht :
therefore in
and in
you will have

<link rel="match"
href="reference/text-orientation-sideways-left-001-ref.xht" />

Same thing with

They are identical. Therefore, only use, declare one of the 2 and
dismiss, delete the other.

I propose to keep
because it uses an image with the same base-filename (
text-orientation-sideways-right-001.png )

Maybe you are going too fast here. We first need to make sure that
"DejaVu Serif" font can be embedded into a .woff file and then be used
by tests. I am looking for "DejaVu Serif" font right now.

Today, I'll be trying to get create a .woff out of "DejaVu Serif" font
and out of mplus-1p-regular.ttf

Kazuaki, please note that I will be on vacation starting Sunday february
24th for 10-12 days.

>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-001-review-ref.xht
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-123.xht
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-123-ref.xht
>>> Another idea would be to use CSS transform rotate feature on <div
>>> id="reference">:
>>> "
>>>   rotate(<angle>)
>>>      specifies a 2D rotation by the angle specified in the parameter
>>> about the origin of the element, as defined by the
>>> ‘transform-origin’ property. For example, ‘rotate(90deg)’
>>> would
>>> cause elements to appear rotated one-quarter of a turn in the
>>> clockwise direction.
>>> "
>>> coming from
>>> 15.1. 2D Transform Functions
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transforms/#two-d-transform-functions
>>> as the reference. That way, no image to create.
>>> -----------
>>> You can remove the "should" flag from
>>> text-orientation-mixed-001.xht
>>> and
>>> text-orientation-sideways-001.xht
>>> "should" flag means that the property value or feature is recommended
>>> and not required by the spec. Here, text-orientation values are
>>> required, must be supported.
>> I've got it.
>>> More later.
>>> Gérard
>> Regards.
>> Takemura

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: