Re: Tests for CSS Regions + selection submitted for review

On 2/13/13 4:42 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

>Le Mer 13 février 2013 18:44, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
>> Hi Gerard,
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time to look at these. I probably should have
>> mentioned that Regions are not fully implemented or enabled.
>

>Now the Details field text says
>"Regions are not enabled": so this is already more useful, relevant
>feedback from the scripts of the test.
>
>> To run the
>> tests and see them pass, you can enable regions in Chrome in the
>> about://flags and Enabling 'Experimental Webkit features'  Also, since
>> these are prefixed properties, the -webkit- prefix will need to be added
>> to the flow-into and flow-from properties (2 references in the .css
>> file,
>> one in the .js file).
>>
>> As we'll be submitting more tests soon for Regions and Exclusions (also
>> requiring this additional step), how do you recommend we convey upon
>> submission to the W3C? Just in the email to this list or should there be
>> comment in the test file?  If the latter, then the test would need to be
>> updated at some point when they're fully enabled - not sure that's
>> desirable.
>
>The latter (just my opinion) ... if I understand what you're saying ...

After thinking about this a bit more, I decided not to include
instructions for how to enable the feature in the tests. It's clear when
the feature is not enabled by the test failure and if/when this is fully
implemented, it should eventually be enabled by default.

>> Either way, you should see failure if you run them in a UA where Regions
>> is not implemented or enabled.
>
>Yes: there is now a message in the Details section at the bottom of the
>test page.
>
>> This is probably why you saw them fail
>> automatically. These tests are (I think) unique in that they only
>> require
>> you the tester to move the mouse. You needn't verify anything (I.e.,
>> there
>> is no "the test passes if©") because once the manual execution is done,
>> JS
>> does the rest.
>
>That is what I thought too. The most important/relevant test results can
>only be gotten, updated once, after manual text selection ended
>(endSelect.onmouseup).
>

>> As I mentioned, they're this way to use the same tests
>> here
>> and in Webkit.  I considered adding a sentence along the lines of "All
>> of
>> the tests below should pass." for additional clarity to the manual
>> tester.
>>  Do you think that would help?
>
>"All of the tests below should pass.": hmm...
>
>Maybe
>
>"Test has been completed (text selection ended) and results are now
>updated."
>
>... ?  I don't know... not sure.

Ok added a message that now appears after the test assertions finish
execution.  Things should be clearer now to the manual tester.

>> More of my comments are inline below.
>

>[snipped]
>

>>>I believe it should be
>>>
>>>line 42: <div id="log"></div>
>>>    <script>
>>>         runSelectionTest([], true);
>>>    </script>
>>
>> Yep. Looks like this was a bad merge that happened in a mirrored github
>> repo I'm using for these tests. Oddly, running these in the Webkit
>> harness
>> didn't show the issue. It's fixed now.

>    <script>
>         runSelectionTest();
>    </script>
>
>According to HTML validator, a script block in HTML5 can not be inserted
>out of the body node like that:
>
>http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.csswg.org%2Fsource%2Fc
>ontributors%2Fadobe%2Fsubmitted%2Fregions%2Finteractivity%2Fselection%2Fre
>gions-selection-001.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline
>&group=0

Fixed.