Re: Tests for CSS Regions + selection submitted for review

Le Mer 13 février 2013 18:44, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
> Hi Gerard,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to look at these. I probably should have
> mentioned that Regions are not fully implemented or enabled.

Now the Details field text says
"Regions are not enabled": so this is already more useful, relevant
feedback from the scripts of the test.

> To run the
> tests and see them pass, you can enable regions in Chrome in the
> about://flags and Enabling 'Experimental Webkit features'  Also, since
> these are prefixed properties, the -webkit- prefix will need to be added
> to the flow-into and flow-from properties (2 references in the .css
> file,
> one in the .js file).
>
> As we'll be submitting more tests soon for Regions and Exclusions (also
> requiring this additional step), how do you recommend we convey upon
> submission to the W3C? Just in the email to this list or should there be
> comment in the test file?  If the latter, then the test would need to be
> updated at some point when they're fully enabled - not sure that's
> desirable.

The latter (just my opinion) ... if I understand what you're saying ...

> Either way, you should see failure if you run them in a UA where Regions
> is not implemented or enabled.

Yes: there is now a message in the Details section at the bottom of the
test page.

> This is probably why you saw them fail
> automatically. These tests are (I think) unique in that they only
> require
> you the tester to move the mouse. You needn't verify anything (I.e.,
> there
> is no "the test passes ifŠ") because once the manual execution is done,
> JS
> does the rest.

That is what I thought too. The most important/relevant test results can
only be gotten, updated once, after manual text selection ended
(endSelect.onmouseup).

> As I mentioned, they're this way to use the same tests
> here
> and in Webkit.  I considered adding a sentence along the lines of "All
> of
> the tests below should pass." for additional clarity to the manual
> tester.
>  Do you think that would help?

"All of the tests below should pass.": hmm...

Maybe

"Test has been completed (text selection ended) and results are now
updated."

... ?  I don't know... not sure.

> More of my comments are inline below.

[snipped]

>>I believe it should be
>>
>>line 42: <div id="log"></div>
>>    <script>
>>         runSelectionTest([], true);
>>    </script>
>
> Yep. Looks like this was a bad merge that happened in a mirrored github
> repo I'm using for these tests. Oddly, running these in the Webkit
> harness
> didn't show the issue. It's fixed now.

    <script>
         runSelectionTest();
    </script>

According to HTML validator, a script block in HTML5 can not be inserted
out of the body node like that:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.csswg.org%2Fsource%2Fcontributors%2Fadobe%2Fsubmitted%2Fregions%2Finteractivity%2Fselection%2Fregions-selection-001.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: