Reftest review in test harness

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:55:01 +0300
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Currently, the test harness handles reftests by having two tabs that
you can manually flip between, one of which contains the test file and
one of which contains the reference file.  This is not an ideal way to
manually review reftests.  First of all, it's slow; second of all, it
makes it hard to spot subtle errors.  A better way to manually review
reftests is for the images to flip back and forth automatically.  It
fails if there's any visible flickering, and passes if there isn't.
This way, it's possible to reliably check even multiple tests per
second.  A crude implementation I wrote for my transforms reftests is
here:

http://hg.csswg.org/test/raw-file/77afcb7689ae/contributors/aryehgregor/incoming/viewer.html

Is there any interest in updating the CSSWG test harness to have
similar functionality?