Re: Reftest review in test harness

Le Dim 29 avril 2012 2:55, Aryeh Gregor a écrit :
> Currently, the test harness handles reftests by having two tabs that
> you can manually flip between, one of which contains the test file and
> one of which contains the reference file.  This is not an ideal way to
> manually review reftests.  First of all, it's slow; second of all, it
> makes it hard to spot subtle errors.  A better way to manually review
> reftests is for the images to flip back and forth automatically.  It
> fails if there's any visible flickering, and passes if there isn't.
> This way, it's possible to reliably check even multiple tests per
> second.  A crude implementation I wrote for my transforms reftests is
> here:
>
> http://hg.csswg.org/test/raw-file/77afcb7689ae/contributors/aryehgregor/incoming/viewer.html

Aryeh,

The iframe should be smaller. Something like height:350px;width:650px
Then the navigation buttons could even go on the right side of the
iframe otherwise below and use width:800px.

There is also a problem with overflow:hidden. I've asked before if
presence and absence of vertical scrollbar had to be part of test when
creating reftests and when checking tests with their associated
reftests.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2012Mar/0019.html

You've set the interval of flipping back and forth between test and
reftest to 10 times per second: I see problems with this. It does not
need to be so fast; 4 times per second or less is better. Or even have
this user-settable.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: