Re: Reftest review in test harness

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:14:11 -0400
To: "Aryeh Gregor" <ayg@aryeh.name>
Cc: "CSS-testsuite" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

Le Dim 29 avril 2012 2:55, Aryeh Gregor a écrit :
> Currently, the test harness handles reftests by having two tabs that
> you can manually flip between, one of which contains the test file and
> one of which contains the reference file.  This is not an ideal way to
> manually review reftests.  First of all, it's slow; second of all, it
> makes it hard to spot subtle errors.  A better way to manually review
> reftests is for the images to flip back and forth automatically.  It
> fails if there's any visible flickering, and passes if there isn't.
> This way, it's possible to reliably check even multiple tests per
> second.  A crude implementation I wrote for my transforms reftests is
> here:
> http://hg.csswg.org/test/raw-file/77afcb7689ae/contributors/aryehgregor/incoming/viewer.html

The iframe should be smaller. Something like height:350px;width:650px
Then the navigation buttons could even go on the right side of the
iframe otherwise below and use width:800px.

There is also a problem with overflow:hidden. I've asked before if
presence and absence of vertical scrollbar had to be part of test when
creating reftests and when checking tests with their associated

You've set the interval of flipping back and forth between test and
reftest to 10 times per second: I see problems with this. It does not
need to be so fast; 4 times per second or less is better. Or even have
this user-settable.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: