Re: Spec links in reference files

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:54:21 -0700
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On 04/25/2012 02:28 PM, Rebecca Hauck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently pushed a bunch of tests following the guidelines on the wiki: http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest
>
> Since I used the sample code there as a template for my reference file, I did not include a link to the spec I'm testing (and
> the wiki didn't say it was required). However, leaving this out prevents us doing a filtered search for our reference files
> for our spec on Shepherd. When I search for my reference files, I get zero results.
>
> Should spec links be required (or at least recommended)? If so, does anyone object to me making the update on the wiki?

This should be filed as a bug in Shepherd, not in the format;
if a test belonging to a test suite uses a reference file,
then that reference file should be considered part of the
test suite.

If we added rel=help links to a reference file, they'd be
about what technology was used to build the reference...
which is very rarely what you'd want to search on!

(Note: The build system already handles this.)