Re: [RC4] containing-block-001 additional

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 02:28:45 +1100
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
CC: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
On 13/01/2011 11:32 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> For this to be true, the test needs a grandchild descendant. I propose
> this test as a replacement.
>
> <http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/containing-block-001.htm>
>

> Safari 5 fails this test.

Adding something extra to allow the test to follow the spec further, I
have created another test. This is not to replace containing-block-001
but to further broaden the scope of the testing of what
containing-block-001 is testing.

If I add a padding-top or padding-bottom to the innermost block all is
fine in all browser tested apart from Safari 5.

<http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/containing-block-001a.htm>

<http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/containing-block-001b.htm>

Now if I add both padding-top and padding-bottom to the innermost block
I get different rendering in all browsers.

<http://css-class.com/test/css21testsuite/containing-block-001c.htm>

In Opera 11 and FF 3.6.13, two anonymous blocks appear above and below
the innermost block. IE9 beta only shows the first anonymous block as
does Safari 5. Safari also fails to render the innermost block. FF
3.6.13 and IE9 beta show an additional space of 20px in height which I
do not know the reason for which forces down the innermost block. Any
clues in what is happening?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/