first-page-selectors-003

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:33:56 +0100
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/html4/first-page-selectors-003.htm

Given that the root element has "page-break-before: left;", why would the
page with the <p> be matched by "@page:first"?

"To explicitly force a document to begin printing on a left or right page,
authors can insert a page break before the first generated box."

This doesn't say anything about :first, so I would assume that the
document will simply "begin printing" on the second page.

(Is this a spec issue, or have I just not read page.html closely enough?)

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA