Re: RC4 Invalid tests

From: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:34:58 -0800
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Dec 13, 2010, at 3:37 PM, fantasai wrote:

> On 12/13/2010 11:55 AM, Peter Linss wrote:
>> The harness is currently reporting 78 tests from RC4 as invalid:
>> http://test.csswg.org/harness/results?s=CSS21_%HTML_RC4&f=23
>> This means that these tests were reported as invalid (from a formal
>> implementation report by a vendor) in previous versions of
>> the test suite and have not been changed since that report.
>> I accept that it's possible that some of these tests have been
>> examined and found to be valid after all, if that's the case, I
>> need a list of those so I can clear the invalid state. If they're
>> genuinely invalid, then these are the tests that need fixing
>> first for RC5...
> The page breaking tests need a rehaul. That'll likely take a few days.
> anonymous-boxes-001 was fixed by reference:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Dec/0098.html

Ok, my diff process didn't account for diffs in reference pages. I
fixed that and removed all grandfathered results for tests where the
reference page changed (and marked the affected tests as 'changed').

I also found that I wasn't accounting for the case where neither the
test nor the reference page changed, but a new reference page was
added to a test. That's also fixed and grandfathered results are
removed for the affected tests (and the tests are marked as 'changed').

> I believe table-valign-001 and table-valign-002 are valid per Issue
> 26:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Oct/0314.html

Ok, removed 'invalid' results for those tests.

That still leaves us with 74 invalid tests in RC4 (and a handful of
tests now marked as 'changed' that weren't before and are now missing
results...). Hopefully these will all be addressed in RC5.