Re: RC4 Invalid tests

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:37:53 -0800
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On 12/13/2010 11:55 AM, Peter Linss wrote:
> The harness is currently reporting 78 tests from RC4 as invalid:
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/results?s=CSS21_%HTML_RC4&f=23
> This means that these tests were reported as invalid (from a formal implementation report by a vendor) in previous versions of
> the test suite and have not been changed since that report.
> I accept that it's possible that some of these tests have been examined and found to be valid after all, if that's the case, I
> need a list of those so I can clear the invalid state. If they're genuinely invalid, then these are the tests that need fixing
> first for RC5...

The page breaking tests need a rehaul. That'll likely take a few days.

anonymous-boxes-001 was fixed by reference:

I responded wrt bidi tests in

block-in-inline-relpos-002 needs WG review; it was written for Issue 138,
but dbaron thinks the spec prose is not clear enough on this point.

border-*-width-036/border-*-width-047/padding-* were reported in:
The font test problems were reported in
Arron is responsible for these tests.

c5504-mrgn-l-002 is afaik valid according to the spec:
However it does need some improvements still; see:

Afaict (I could be wrong) the counter-increment-* and counter-reset-* tests
listed there are currently not invalid, but their titles and assertions are
These are Arron's tests; he should respond to dbaron about them.

quotes-035 has been rewritten as a reftest, which satisfies the problem report
about lacking a pass condition.

I believe table-valign-001 and table-valign-002 are valid per Issue 26:

I'm not sure what's up with rtl-linebreak.

I haven't fixed z-index-020