Comments on Microsoft Chapter 4 Tests

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:20:50 +0100
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
I was tasked with reviewing the Chapter_4 contributions and have some
general comments. Now I believe the idea was that I would simply fix the
tests and that the author of the test would verify the change and it would
be all set. However, given the (unresolved) dispute over
attribute-value-selector-004.xht I'm not sure I want to do work on
changing tests as apparently there is disagreement about whether certain
rules test the same thing.

In general I would like all tests that use the

to change into using the

pattern or equivalent. E.g.

would probably work better for some tests given the existing shared
@import style sheets.

I think this makes it easier to see whether a test passed or failed. It is
also the convention similar existing tests are following.

Is changing tests along these lines fine?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/