Re: Creating cases for fonts

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:11:42 -0400
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>

Arron Eicholz wrote:
> When creating cases for font-family, font-weight, font-variant, etc... How are we handling cases
> where a particular font in necessary on the system to verify the test? I recommend we add a flag
> for these cases so we can provide some sort of note to notify the tester that the case requires a
> specific font or fonts to be installed in order for the case to function properly.
>
> font-weight for instance can require multiple fonts in order to test the algorithms for selecting
> the proper fonts to match to the numerical weights.
>
> I think we should add a flag called 'font' to signify that a special font or fonts may be
> necessary.

Having a flag makes sense to me, however that particular requirement should also be documented
in the test description. I suspect in some cases the requirement might be a bit complicated,
and in all cases we should make sure there are free fonts available that can be used for these
tests (and point to them somewhere, perhaps in a separate document explaining the use of fonts
in these tests).

We should go over these tests together when you are ready to submit them.

~fantasai