Re: Media Queries Test Suite Generator

On Monday 21 November 2005 11:55, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I would like to see that clarified that in the draft then. (I made
> the test.) The syntax seems ambigious at best:
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#syntax>
>
> It seems to define 'max-width' as a media feature quite clearly.

Section 6 says that
1) media-features can be used without a value,
2) the media features are 'width', 'height'... 'grid',
3) 'width' accepts min-/max- prefixes.

From that I conclude that 'max-width' is a media feature with a prefix
and not a media feature, and thus must be used *with* a value.

That makes sense, because it is unclear what an expression such as
screen and (max-width)' would mean.

Assuming that the non-terminal "media_feature" in section 5 is meant to
list the same media features as section 6, it seems the spec indeed
needs some improvement. I'll raise it as an issue in the CSS WG.

Bert