Re: Media Queries Test Suite Generator

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:50:43 +0100, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
>> http://lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/css3-mediaqueries/special/generator
>
>> Let me know if you find any bugs.
>
> Nice!
>
> One bug:
>
> The tests include
>
>     ... and (width) {...}
>
> which is fine, but they also include
>
>     ... and (max-width) {...}
>
> The former is defined, it means the same as '(min-width: 1)', but the
> latter is not legal, because 'max-width' isn't a media feature.

I would like to see that clarified that in the draft then. (I made the
test.) The syntax seems ambigious at best:
  <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#syntax>

It seems to define 'max-width' as a media feature quite clearly.

> It is OK to include the test, but it can never match any UA. Expressions
> with unknown media features always fail.

We should probably add some tests to that effect, thanks.

Kind regards,

Anne

--
Anne van Kesteren