Re: Media Queries Test Suite Generator

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:02:05 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Bert Bos" <bert@w3.org>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:55:53 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> I would like to see that clarified that in the draft then. (I made the
> test.) The syntax seems ambigious at best:
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/#syntax>
>
> It seems to define 'max-width' as a media feature quite clearly.

In addition, how many implementors treat 'max-width' as not a feature and
'width' as a feature? Internal builds of Opera treat both as a feature.
(Per syntax.)

I'm also unsure if we treat 'width' as 'min-width:0' or just as "feature
checking". I assume the latter, but it's hard to test :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>