Re: Teaching a 7 year old about decentalized identity/self-soverign identity ("SSI")

On 2018-11-14 9:56 AM, Daniel Hardman wrote:
> Here is a definition of SSI that has been streamlined, simplified, and
> wordsmithed quite a bit. It leaves out some details on purpose,
> focusing just on the heart of the matter. I recommend it as the
> shortest, pithiest summary I know.
>
>      "SSI: An identity model that allows an individual or organization
> to control their identities, or the identity of a thing, expressed
> through the use of decentralized identifiers and digital credentials."

+1

A comment is that 'control' might imply more than can be delivered for
'identity'; to the   degree that identity consists in what other
people think of us and we can't control that part. I also find the
'expressed' slightly confusing (about what is expressed -- the model,
the identity, or the thing) and the statement seems to works fine
without it. So perhaps:

SSI: An identity model that allows an individual or organization to
hold the primary control over their own identities, or the identity of
a thing, through the use of decentralized identifiers and digital
credentials.

Steven