Re: Teaching a 7 year old about decentalized identity/self-soverign identity ("SSI")

Here is a definition of SSI that has been streamlined, simplified, and
wordsmithed quite a bit. It leaves out some details on purpose, focusing
just on the heart of the matter. I recommend it as the shortest, pithiest
summary I know.

    "SSI: An identity model that allows an individual or organization to
control their identities, or the identity of a thing, expressed through the
use of decentralized identifiers and digital credentials."

If I had to define SSI in a 30-second elevator ride, I probably wouldn't
use that definition, though. I would probably say something like: "SSI lets
control your identity by proving things about yourself with digital
credentials, instead of letting others capture your identity in accounts
they control."