Re: Terminology poll

From: David Chadwick <D.W.Chadwick@kent.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:55:56 +0100
To: public-credentials@w3.org

On 26/06/2017 17:12, Dave Longley wrote:
> The creator or originator of the claim is the "Claimant" --

I dispute that. A claimant is defined as follows

a person who makes a claim. Dictionary.com
A person making a claim. Oxford dictionary
a person who asks for something that they believe belongs to them or
that they have a right to. Cambridge dictionary

Clearly this is not the issuer who created the VC. This is the person
that is presenting it to the inspector.

When I go to claim social security I am the claimant, and I present
documents (VCs) issued to me by the government to show my entitlement.
To call the government that issued my documents the claimant is bizarre

regards

David