Re: Payments activity - any point to our time and effort?

On 03/05/2016 05:09 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> maybe i missed it, but is there a brief on the implications of the
> recent changes in the payments work.

I'm writing up a blog post that will hopefully put everything in
perspective. To be clear, there is still a lot that we can do and have
an impact on, both in Web Payments and in Credentials / Verifiable
Claims. One of those things is probably not the browser API (without an
enormous amount of effort).

That said, there are lessons to be learned here wrt. the credentials API.

> we've followed the call to support payments use-cases in creds work.

Yes, and that went a great deal toward getting the Web Payments IG to
vote in favor of moving the Verifiable Claims work to the next stage.

> What's the situation now?

Will hopefully have the blog post up by next week, before the W3C
Advisory Committee Meeting at MIT.

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/