Re: Comments on draft charter [Was: Agenda: Verifiable Claims Teleconference - Tuesday, March 8th 2016]

On 03/07/2016 11:17 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Here are some comments on the draft charter [1]. [1]
> http://w3c.github.io/vctf/charter/proposal.html

Thanks for the input, Ian. I'm just getting around to processing your
feedback now. I've migrated the VCTF draft charter to its new home in
the WPIG here:

http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/vcwg-draft.html

> * The section titled “Goals” does not really express any goals. I
> think it’s important to state them clearly.

Done.
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/6ca64ce59d337833013545243920cd46399eb0e8

There are now a real set of goals listed:

http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-ig/VCTF/charter/vcwg-draft.html#goals

> I also suggest deleting the first paragraph or moving to the ‘About
> this charter” section.

Fixed.
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/6ca64ce59d337833013545243920cd46399eb0e8

The paragraph has been moved to the 'About this charter' section.

> * "The findings suggest that there is consensus to address a
> @@@narrow set of use cases@@@“ I believe that is a contentious
> statement and suggest that it be replace by:
>
> “The Web Payments Interest Group recommended that the task force
> draft a charter to determine whether there is consensus within the
> community (including those interviewed) for the scope of work.

Done.
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/6ca64ce59d337833013545243920cd46399eb0e8

> * I think you can delete "Development of this charter was supported
> in part by the European Union's 7th Research Framework Programme
> (FP7/ 2013-2015) under grant agreement nº611327 - HTML5 Apps.”

Done.
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/6ca64ce59d337833013545243920cd46399eb0e8

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/