Re: Proposed VC Use Case: Consignment of Claims

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 15:05:42 +0100
To: Eric Korb <eric.korb@accreditrust.com>, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
On 2016-03-04 14:51, Eric Korb wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com <mailto:timothy.holborn@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Staffers at his business can't start his car or get into his house.  Syndicate members for the boat can't get into the business, etc.  yet his wife and children have different 'permissions' cut into the keying system.
>

> I like this use case, because more and more I see car manufacturers who have phone apps and smart keys that allow the holder to gain access and start the car.  What if the Holder is at a parking garage, he could allow the attendant to use her key fob to move the car and set a geofence.  No more joy rides!

All this is very cute but also rather useless unless you have some place to keep these credentials and exchange them in real-world situations.
The above looks a lot like an IoT scenario which is where "everybody" is in these days.

BTW, I still don't get it; don't you have to have a local private key for each credential in order to prove ownership?

Anders