Re: Next steps for Coremob-2012 and the group.

On 1/11/13 4:14 AM, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org> wrote:

>On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 02:48 +0000, Tobie Langel wrote:
>>On 1/11/13 3:33 AM, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>>>I'm wondering if any of the following specifications should be included
>>>in the profile as well:
>>>- GIF, PNG, and/or JPEG
>>Interesting. Worried about this as much as I'm worried about specifying
>>codecs.
>
>I didn't mean to imply it would be easy :)

I think we'll leave image and font formats out of the picture for now.

>> >- CSS Object Model
>>
>> That's already included[1].
>
>Nope. The one you're referencing is the CSSOM View Module:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/
>
>I'm talking about the CSS Object Model:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.html

Right. Fixed in [1].

>> >- DOM3Events (user interface, and focus at least?)
>>
>> Afaik all of this is consolidated in DOM4[2]
>
>Nope, DOM4 only defines the basic event model like Event. It doesn't
>include UI events or focus events. Those remains defined in D3E. With
>regards to the D3E/D4 relationship, D4 replaces the mutation events by
>the mutation observers. See the warning in D3E:
>http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#eve
>nts-mutationevents

Fixed in [1].

What about UI-Events
(http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/d4e/raw-file/tip/source_respec.htm)?

>> >- Progress Events
>>
>> Good point. Noted.

Fixed in [1].

>> >and the web origin concept could be
>> >inferred.
>>
>> Isn't this defined in HTML5?
>
>Not anymore:
>[[
>For URLs
>    The origin and effective script origin of the URL are the origin
>defined in The Web Origin Concept. [ORIGIN]
>]]
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#origin
>
>[ORIGIN] pointed to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454

Fixed in [2].

Thanks so much for taking the time to review this and for your comments,
Philippe.

--tobie

---
[1]: