Re: Next steps for Coremob-2012 and the group.

On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 02:48 +0000, Tobie Langel wrote:
> On 1/11/13 3:33 AM, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 19:25 +0000, Jo Rabin wrote:
> >> Hi Folks
> >>

> >> Happy New Year and thanks for the various comments on Coremob 2012.
> >> Here is the current plan for concluding work on it.
> >>
> >I'm wondering if any of the following specifications should be included
> >in the profile as well:
> >- GIF, PNG, and/or JPEG
>
> Interesting. Worried about this as much as I'm worried about specifying
> codecs.

I didn't mean to imply it would be easy :)

> >- CSS Object Model
>
> That's already included[1].

Nope. The one you're referencing is the CSSOM View Module:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/cssom-view/

I'm talking about the CSS Object Model:
 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.html

That's the one defining things like CSSStyleDeclaration and
getComputedStyle. Although, I wouldn't if some of those stuff get
deprecated. :)

> >- DOM3Events (user interface, and focus at least?)
>
> Afaik all of this is consolidated in DOM4[2]

Nope, DOM4 only defines the basic event model like Event. It doesn't
include UI events or focus events. Those remains defined in D3E. With
regards to the D3E/D4 relationship, D4 replaces the mutation events by
the mutation observers. See the warning in D3E:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#events-mutationevents

> >- Progress Events
>
> Good point. Noted.
>
> >Others like the Open Font format
>
> Same objection as for image formats.

ok.

> >and the web origin concept could be
> >inferred.
>
> Isn't this defined in HTML5?

Not anymore:
[[
For URLs
    The origin and effective script origin of the URL are the origin
defined in The Web Origin Concept. [ORIGIN]
]]
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#origin

[ORIGIN] pointed to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6454

Philippe