Re: New draft of Coremob-2012 published, plus what's next

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your comment and sharing your experience. I also learned a
new proverb ;-). From your experience, it is not necessarily good for
the UA to be always greedy especially if the connection is charged,
which will lead to throttling or a bill shock.

I also don't think it is a good idea to tell the UA about the
instantaneous bandwidth, which usually changes very often. Coarser
information such as the connection type (WiFi/3G/LTE) will be more
useful (not always, as you say). Time-of-day or location (topography?)
could also be used, but we should start with simpler and fewer parameters.

I just thought we should more look into it along this line maybe in the
future or for the next version...

Regards,
--
Hidetoshi